Wednesday, November 6, 2013

November 4, 2013 Update

I'm Leaving Sheboygan! I'm very sad and excited at the same time. I have loved my time here!  The people are so amazing in the ward.  The families are always so kind and have us over for dinner all the time! We have a dinner appointment nearly 5/7 nights a week.
So I found out this past Saturday that I was leaving but I didn't know where.  Then Last night (Sunday) the mission president called my companion and I.  I'm going to Rhinelander Wisconsin, I have a huge area and my new companion and I get a truck. It is in the northern area of the state and I will get dumped on as far as snow is concerned. But I am excited! I miss snow. It hasn't been too cold this past week but now with day light savings time it is dark at 5:30, which makes it hard to go out and tract because it feels a lot later than it is and people get mad when you knock or ring their doorbells when they are trying to put kids to bed.  
Oh well. This week was pretty good! We had dinner every night with a member family and for Halloween we couldn't be outside after 5oclock so we were invited to a members house to carve pumpkins! It was a blast they have a huge family and it was a lot of fun.  
This week was a little sad because we had so many awesome lessons set up but the majority of them fell through.  But those lessons we did have were also amazing so I can't complain.  
I will share one of my favorite scriptures that I read this week in Alma 26:12  Ammon is rejoicing because of all the success that he and his brethren have had so much success teaching the lamanites.  One of his brothers Aaron said v10 "Ammon, I fear that thy joy doth carry thee away unto boasting"  and verse 12 is Ammons reply, "Yea, I know that i am nothing, as to my strength I am weak: therfore I will not boast of myself, but i will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things"  I love this because I know that the things that are happening are not because of me and the words I say.  I know that God has made all of this possible and places people in my path that are seeking this gospel.  I know that I weak, but I also know that I can do anything that God asks of me through the power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. 
I hope everyone had an amazing week!  I love hearing from everyone!  
But since i'm moving appartments please make sure to address everything to the mission office this is IMPORTANT!!!!! I don't want to lose any letters so please send them to 7111 W. Edgerton Ave. Ste. 100 Greenfield WI 53220.
Love Elder Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment