Wednesday, January 22, 2014

November 25, 2013

Good afternoon everyone! It is so great to be this close to Thanksgiving, I am so grateful for everyone in my life!  So four months from yesterday I left home for the MTC... crazy.  But i have loved it!  I am running low on emailing time but I do want to share a little about my week.  Unfortunately we lost a few of our investigators this week, two of which were doing very well the problem was J's husband found out she was reading the Book of Mormon and he made her give it back to A ( our other investigator) who now feels bad because J's husband will not let them be friends anymore. So now A doesn't want anything to do with the church. Bummer I am really finding it hard to feel Christlike towards the husband at the moment but he will have to come to terms and face the consequences of keeping a willing soul from the gospel.  Another one of our investigators moved to Illinois, so that was also a bummer so we will be giving the Illinois mission a call in the next few days.  We did have a very powerful lesson with our friend L, the whole lesson was centered around building faith and trying the experiment found in the 32nd Chapter of Alma.  We are so excited to follow up with him.  
My though for the week is simple and yet so powerful.  With it being Thanksgiving I am grateful for trials in my life, especially here on my mission. Trials mean that God thinks that we are prepared and ready to grow stronger so here is a poem that President Monson shared this past conference that applies well.  

Good timber does not grow with ease,
The stronger wind, the stronger trees.
The further sky, the greater length.
The more the storm, the more the strength.
By sun and cold, by rain and snow, 
In trees and men good timbers grow. 
~Douglas Malloch, "Good Timber,"

With that I add Proverbs 3; 11-13 Talking about how Whom the Lord loveth he Chastens.    Our trails are meant to help us turn to the Lord and rely on him, He does not expect us to do it alone.  We have a savior who has suffered every pain, sorrow, challenge, strife, and sin we have ever gone through.  So that he can better succor his people.   Alma 7; 11-13 tells us that it is him that we can turn to for comfort and peace. 
I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving! I am so Thankful for my God and my Savior, for this free country, and for the opportunity I have to help people grow in their faith.  
Love you all,
Elder Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment